Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What I've Been Up To...

Here I am at home on a Wednesday because of a mere 2 inches of snow.  Welcome to NC SnOMG 2014!  I won’t complain…at least not until February 17th when we have to make it up instead of having a teacher workday. 
Look...it's melting already :)
I decided that instead of wasting away my “free” day, I would be get caught up on several things.  Thing #1: teacher work.  Thing #2: home/personal stuff.  Thing #3: Made to Crave study…I have definitely gotten behind and while I am aware that today isn’t Monday, I am going to share my thoughts on chapters 3 and 4. 

MTC Chapter 3 is all about having a plan.  I think I’ve pretty much got this one down.  I am using My Fitness Pal to track my eating and exercise every day.  I am on day 15…I think.  For the past month I have been trying to eat as clean as possible.  I have virtually cut out sugar and artificial sweeteners.  I still stumble from time to time, but I am working on it.  I basically eat the same thing every day for breakfast and mostly the same things for lunch.  For dinner, I only allow myself one serving of whatever I have made for dinner…no matter how yummy and how much I try to convince myself that I am still hungry.  After dinner I sip on decaf coffee or green tea.  I make sure that I exercise at least 3 times per week.  I have officially lost 12.6 pounds!  I can’t stress the importance of having a plan!
 
MTC Chapter 4 is all about friendships along the way.  We have got to have others around us who will build us up and encourage us as we go on this difficult journey.  At my work, we are starting a weight loss challenge group.  Ultimately, the goal is to lose a larger percentage of weight than everyone else, but I am also hoping that in the midst of the competition we will be there to provide much needed support.   I also have another group of friends at the gym that I look forward to seeing when I go.  They not only make working out fun, but they give me hell when I miss a night. 

Well, that’s about it for today.  Thanks to those of you who stayed with me the whole time.  Time to be productive! 


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment