Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Made to Crave Monday...er Tuesday

So I am a little behind in the official Made to Crave study, but I figure slow progress is still progress.  So here I am just now getting around to chapter 2.  I am going to use this as my sounding board for each chapterI’m going to call “Made to Crave, Mondays”. 
Chapter 2 is all about replacing my cravings.  I love the idea of praying through the cravings.  Up to this point, I’ve been a muscle though it girlsuck it up, buttercup!  But the idea that I can go to God with my cravings, as in, “I don’t want to eat these tangerines, I want a cheeseburger.  If you could please make these tangerines taste like a cheeseburger I’d really appreciate it.  Thank you for the tangerines and healthy option they provide, but I’d still like a cheeseburger.”  No, the tangerines didn’t ever taste any where near like a cheeseburger.  But that’s not the point.  The point is, that I didn’t go get a cheeseburger and I replaced my cravings with prayer and a healthier option. 

Slowly but surely God is replacing my unhealthy cravings with healthy options.  I can’t say yet, that I am craving those healthy options, but I know that God is faithful and that is enough. 

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 
1 Corinthians 10:13 

No comments:

Post a Comment