Blog Archive

Monday, February 17, 2014

Made to Crave Monday

Chapter 5: Made for More

I am Made for more than excuses, made for more than my negative inner voice, made for more than beating myself up and giving up when I have set backs.  I need to model my journey after Paul, who said in Ephesians 1:17-19,

“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.”

Now I realize that Paul is not speaking of dieting, however I can apply these truths to my weight loss journey.  At the beginning I asked God to help me crave Him more than food, and He has.  But I let the be just a one or two time prayer and so of course since I took my focus off of Him, I put my focus squarely back on food!  I need to KEEP on ASKING!!!! 

I also need to recognize why I’m made for more.  I am the forgiven child of God, the set-free child of God, the accepted child of God, the holy child of God, the made-new child of God, the loved child of God, the confident child of God, the victorious child of God!!!!!  I may have set backs, but these truths never change!

I need to make this journey about getting to know Him better.  I try to make it about feeling better about myself and fitting into smaller clothing sizes, but the reality is those are only temporary things.  Much the same way that eating a piece of chocolate cake or a cheeseburger is temporary.  I need to make it more about gaining deeper connections with God. 

This is obviously still a work in progress, but for this week, I’m going to start each day with prayer by asking God to give me wisdom to know what to eat and His indwelling power to walk away from things that are not beneficial for me!

I'll be back next Monday (hopefully), with chapter 6.

Thanks for stopping by, 

No comments:

Post a Comment